Still time to share your thoughts on the Superintendent Search
One of the most important responsibilities of a school board is to hire a superintendent that will carry out the strategic plan, vision and mission of the district. As part of the hiring process, the school board wants to seek community input through townhall meetings and:
- Educate the community on the important role of the superintendent.
- Be transparent about the hiring process and timeline.
- Share community feedback gathered from the 2014 Superintendent search process.
- Listen to community members and gather their feedback on the desirable qualities of a Superintendent for SCUSD.
- Explain how community input will be used during the hiring process.
- Be inclusive and ensure that a broad and diverse group of stakeholders is reached and asked to participate in the process.
There are two ways you can add valuable community input to the process:
1) Take the district’s Superintendent Search survey and make your voice heard. The survey is available in multiple languages and must be filled out by March 17, 2017.
2) Join board representatives and district staff at one of the remaining townhalls to discuss the desired qualities of a superintendent for the district.
|Date & Time||Location|
|March 8, 2017
|Will C. Wood Middle School|
|March 9, 2017
|Luther Burbank High School|
|March 14, 2017
|American Legion High School|