October 2022 Health Services Updates
Fentanyl & Narcan
Our Sac City Unified Health Services Department has obtained free Narcan to distribute to our school sites through the California Department of Health Care Services Naloxone Distribution Project. We will be distributing Narcan to all school sites throughout the week of October 10th. We urge all our community members to learn about the signs of opioid overdose and speak to our children, family members, friends and colleagues about the dangers of opioid use.
Information and tips for talking about fentanyl awareness and use:
- “What Every Parent and Caregiver Needs to Know About FAKE PILLS”
- Centers for Disease Control – Fentanyl Facts
- California Department of Public Health – Overdose Prevention Initiative
- Sacramento County Opioid Coalition (SCOC)
Parents/guardians and students may access Narcan kits and learn more about treatment resources at the following locations:
- Harm Reduction Services at 2800 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817 (916) 456-4849 *two kits per person limit
- SANE (Safer Alternatives thru Networking & Education) at 4433 Florin Road Suite 890, Sacramento, CA (916) 397-2434
- Gender Health Center at 3823 V Street Sacramento, CA 95817 (916) 455-2391 or harm related inquire at (916) 620-1908
- Sacramento LGBT Community Center Harm Reduction Order Form 1015 20th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811 (916) 442-0185
COVID Boosters & Flu Shots
Did you know you can schedule a flu shot and a COVID booster at the same time? Find a nearby clinic and register here. Walk-in appointments may also be available.
SCUSD also hosts a weekly COVID Vaccine Clinic every Tuesday from 4-6pm located at the Enrollment Center in Room 4 (right next to Serna Center). The following vaccinations are available:
- Ages 5-11 – Pfizer (Primary Series and Booster)
- Ages 12+ – Pfizer (Primary Series and Bivalent Booster) and Novavax (Primary Series Only)
Vaccination is available for anyone 5 and up. Parental consent is required. Multiple minors may be accompanied by one adult 18 years or older.