SCUSD sponsors Waldorf education seminar for teachers
SCUSD is sponsoring a seminar this summer for teachers interested in implementing Waldorf methods in their classroom or becoming a teacher in one of the district’s public Waldorf schools.
WEST (Waldorf Education Seminar for Teachers) has five goals:
- To deepen teachers; knowledge of Waldorf education and philosophy;
- To foster personal growth and practice Waldorf methods through artistic work;
- To create an opportunity for teachers to develop and practice Waldorf methods in SCUSD classrooms;
- To engage actively in hands on learn and Waldorf methods;
- To practice the Waldorf approach to community collegiality through the cohort model.
Teachers will meet with Waldorf experts and master teachers for two summer intensive sessions. During the school year, teachers meet monthly to continue their Waldorf studies and reflect on their Waldorf teaching practice.
If you are interested in participating in this new program, please submit:
- Names and contact of two professional references (principal, department head, etc.)
- Letter of intention that answers the following questions: Why are you a teacher? What is your knowledge of and interest in Waldorf education? How do you intend to use the Waldorf methods and curriculum you learn in WEST?
The first WEST summer intensive is scheduled for August 8-12 at Alice Birney and August 15-19 at GW Carver.
The cohort is limited to 30 participants who commit to the full two-year cycle of trainings and monthly meetings.
Continuing Education Units (CEU) will be offered through UC Davis.