Random Acts of Kindness Week: February 11-17
Random Acts of Kindness Week is an opportunity to focus on what unites us, rather than what divides us. It’s a chance to be loud with our generosity and inspire others to do the same.
Sac City has partnered with the City of Sacramento in the Art of Kindness challenge. The challenge encourages all students to participate in random acts of kindness and document them in a project. Learn more about the Art of Kindness challenge. Students will have the opportunity to submit their project for consideration to receive awards and to be displayed at the Art of Kindness Showcase SEL Summit scheduled for April 20, 2018.
Here are some Random Acts of Kindness ideas:
- Post kind sticky notes on lockers, bathroom mirrors and hallways
- Start the day with a positive announcement
- Set up a gratitude bulletin board in the hallway
- Create a “caught being kind” bulletin board for people to recognize acts of kindness they see
- Have one classroom or grade do a random act of kindness for the other
- Create a third-party compliments box
- Raise money for a person or cause
- Set up a thank you note station in your school
- Surprise your fellow students with treats
- Practice giving compliments to strangers. A kind word can change someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it, say it!
- Organize a book drive for another school in need of more books
- Kindness Jar: Write down kind acts on slips of paper (example: sit by someone who is alone at lunch, pick up trash in the hallway, write a thank you note) and have students or staff take one!
Share your random acts of kindness on social media using the hashtag #SCUSDKindness and #RAKWEEK2018
You can find out more about Random Acts of Kindness Week here.