Interested in a Fellowship? Buck Fellow Program Could be the One for You!
If you have high academic aptitude, strong character and a commitment to improving your community, but lack the resources then becoming a buck fellow could be the answer to help you reach your potential.
This fellowship will give you one-on-one mentorship, funding for enrichment opportunities, and academic and career guidance.
The program is designed to help you define, shape and realize your personal, professional or academic goals.
- Live or attend school in Contra Costa, Napa, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Solano or Yolo County.
- Be a high school sophomore.
- Submit a completed application, along with your transcript and two letters of recommendation by the application deadline.
You can demonstrate:
- A record of academic success and a desire for academic and intellectual challenges.
- Evidence of leadership, enterprise and personal initiative.
- A commitment to succeed and improve your community.
- Personal resiliency, including the capacity to overcome adversity.
- Students whose parents did not graduate from college, or have limited English ability or limited financial resources, are especially encouraged to apply.