Indoor Masking Policy
Know whether masking is required or recommended currently.
We base our indoor masking policy for schools and district
offices on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19
community level rating for Sacramento County.
- If we’re in the HIGH community level, indoor masking is required.
- If we’re in the MEDIUM or LOW community level, indoor masking is strongly recommended.
On August 11, 2022, the SCUSD Board of Education updated the district’s masking policy as follows:
- CDC updates the county community level ratings every Thursday afternoon.
- SCUSD monitors these updates and will communicate any community level changes resulting in a policy shift no later than Friday morning. A communication will be sent to both staff and students.
- Any change to the masking policy will take effect the Monday following a community level change.
Thank you for your flexibility as we respond to fluctuations in COVID case rates, hospitalization rates and other trends. Our goal is to keep our community safe while easing restrictions whenever possible.