Enrollment: Reserve your seat
Enrollment hours scheduled with parents in mind
Enrollment is necessary only if your family has moved or your child is entering a new school.
SCUSD operates a “one-stop” enrollment center for parents throughout the year. Services include Kindergarten – 12th Grade Enrollment, Open Enrollment, Intra-and Inter- District Transfers, Immunization Clinic, Family Services, McKinney-Vento Families in Transition Services and Translators.
The District Enrollment Center is located at 5601 47th Avenue, next to the Serna Center. You can reach them at (916) 643-2400.
Hours of Operation
- Mondays: 8 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 8 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 8 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Thursdays: 11 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- Fridays: Closed on Fridays until September 1
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Open on Saturdays from now through August 26
In addition, the district has Regional Enrollment Centers open through August 18 at two locations.
- Luther Burbank High School, 3500 Florin Road; from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Rosemont High School: 9594 Kiefer Blvd. from 8 a.m. 3 p.m.
Neighborhood School Enrollment begins August 21 through September 1.
Time Saver Tip
Complete registration packets before visiting the Enrollment Center to get a head start on the process.
Online Registration is also available for students new to our district. After completing the application online, guardians will just have to bring required documentation to the Enrollment Center to complete the enrollment process.
What to Bring to the Enrollment Center
Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children, only biological parents/legal guardians/educational rights holder may enroll a child into our district.
The person enrolling any child will be required to present the following documentation:
- Photo identification
- Bring ONE of the following: CURRENT mortgage statement (within 30 days), CURRENT property tax bill, CURRENT rental/lease agreement, CURRENT utility bill (SMUD, PG&E or WATER) with correct name and address (within 30 days), CURRENT check or pay stub (within 30 days), Government agency letter (within 30 days), CURRENT voter registration
- Immunization record (grades 7-12 T-Dap Booster is required)
- Proof of birth – original COUNTY ISSUED birth certificate or non- expired passport
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) if your child is receiving special education services
- CURRENT withdrawal grades and transcripts (Grades 9-12)
- Guardianship/Custody papers (if applicable)
*If residing with another person (relative, etc.), please complete the Declaration of Residence form and bring a photo ID of the person identified in the utility bill and mortgage/rental lease.*
Find your Neighborhood School
Visit the SCUSD Neighborhood School Locator to determine your child’s school of attendance based on school boundaries.
If you are interested in applying for enrollment to a different school in our district, you can apply through our Open Enrollment process. Dates for the 2018-19 school year will be announced soon. Learn more at http://www.scusd.edu/open-enrollment.