Summer Ambassador Program
Summer program for incoming 10-12th graders
SCUSD is searching for highly motivated incoming sophomore, junior and senior high school age students to serve as Ambassadors at our Elementary, Middle and High School summer program sites. We are looking for committed, reliable and enthusiastic students for these leadership roles. Ambassadors will assist with projects and lead activities specific to their summer program site. At the end of the program, Ambassadors will have the opportunity to earn five high school credits and a monetary stipend for their service and completion of project.
SOS Ambassador Qualifications:
- Be a current incoming sophomore, junior or senior at a SCUSD High School.
- Be available for interviews. Interviews will be conducted between May 6, 7 and 8, 2019.
- Commit to the entire 6-week program from June 17 – July 25. (Programs run Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.).
- Attend the mandatory Ambassador Orientations on May 18 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.), June 1 (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.), and June 11 (4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.).
- Students who’ve participated in a SCUSD summer program in the past are highly encouraged to apply!
SOS Ambassador Responsibilities/Duties:
- Assist with morning check-ins and meal delivery
- Assist assigned project/team lead with weekly deliverables
- Document daily activities as well as weekly journal and reflection
- Attend staff meetings at your summer site
- Plan, lead and assist with activities including energizers and ice breakers
- Help students become familiar with their campus and school
- Turn in completed Performance Evaluation
- Help each student get the maximum summer experience
- Complete project by July 26 (required for stipend).
SOS Ambassador Benefits:
- Earn five elective high school credits
- Develop leadership skills
- Develop employment skills
- Receive a monetary stipend for your participation
* Ambassadors must fulfill all responsibilities/duties in order to receive stipend.
Dates: June 17 - July 25
Time: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Locations: Assigned to various elementary, middle or high school sites
How to Apply
Learn more and apply online on the Youth Development website.
Application Due Date: April 26, 2019