Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Workshop for Social and Communication Skills
@ Serna Center
Speakers: Karen Oakley, SLP; Dr. Robert Pereitti, SLP; and Dr. Iris Taylor, Interim Chief Academic Officer
Free Childcare is provided.
Standards included in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) include concepts related to working in teams, group collaboration, listening, and cooperation, understanding other’s point of view, conversational skills, and social relatedness, just to name a few! Much of what is described as academic learning is actually based in social concepts.
- What are the standards for Speaking/Listening Comprehension and Collaboration?
- How does the educational team address social concepts for students with academic learning differences?
- How can parents support their children at home in helping them to develop social and communication skills?
- Also, what are examples of social and communication goals and objectives.
- RSVP recommended to ensure adequate space and reserve materials: email@example.com.
- Dates, times, location, and topics are subject to change.
Need disability-related modifications or accommodations, auxiliary aids or services, to participate? Contact the district ADA Coordinator at least 48 hours before the scheduled event: Risk Management (916) 643-9421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional language translation services please call (916) 643-2374.