School Site Council
California Education Code 52852 requires that a school site council shall be established at each school that participates in Title I or LCFF supplemental/concentration grant funding. The school site council shall be composed of the principal and representatives of: teachers selected by teachers at the school; other school personnel selected by other school personnel at the school; parents of pupils attending the school selected by the parents; and, in secondary schools, pupils selected by pupils attending the school.
School site councils meet regularly to complete the following activities:
- Elect officers
- Develop/revise by-laws (optional)
- Advise the annual revision of the School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Recommend the annual revisions to the SPSA for Board approval
- Approve revisions to the site categorical budget and SPSA
- Monitor the implementation of the site categorical budget and activities in the SPSA
- Annually evaluate the activities in the approved SPSA
Attached below are three PowerPoints created to help site leaders explain data to School Site Council.
Dashboard Overview for Parents - Overview of the Dashboard components for understanding of the measures.
Customizable PowerPoint for School Site Data Review - Created by CDE, this PowerPoint can be customized to show your school’s progress on the California School Dashboard indicators.
Connection Between the Dashboard and the Performance and Targeted Action Index (PTAI) - Created to show the connection between the two data systems.