John F. Kennedy Program in America and California Exploration (PACE)
Program in America and California Explorations (PACE) at John F. Kennedy High School is a University of California recognized honors program that offers students a four-year advanced academic program with an emphasis in English and History, including many Advanced Placement courses. PACE students have an advantage before they even begin their freshman year: PACE hosts a summer school program located at Sacramento State where students take two writing classes (Artistic and Academic Voice), a literature class and the district-required Geography and Contemporary Global Issues course. While many parents and students struggle with the choice between a small school that offers a more individualized and personal experience and a comprehensive high school that offers academic and extra-curricular variety, PACE students get the best of both worlds: PACE classes are grouped together in one part of the campus so that students benefit from a safe, close-knit environment, yet they also have access to competitive sports, fine arts, music and other programs that Kennedy High offers.
- Specialty Program Application (Available 12/4/17 - 1/26/18)
- Submit a handwritten essay to Kennedy by 1/26/18 at 3:00pm
- Two Teacher Recommendations (one from your current ELA teacher and one from another current teacher). Recommendation requests will be submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts for 7th Grade (all quarters) and 8th Grade (first quarter). This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.
- Standardized Test Scores This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.