What is Medi-Cal Administrative Activities (MAA)?
On January 1, 1995, Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 14132.47, Medi-Cal Administrative Activities (MAA) became a covered benefit for reimbursement. MAA are activities necessary for the administration of the Medi-Cal Program.
The MAA program is designed to reimburse school districts for administrative activities associated with the delivery of Medi-Cal services, including:
- Assistance with the Medi-Cal application process
- Referral, coordination and monitoring of services
- Arranging for transportation
- Translation services
- Program planning, policy development and interagency coordination
What kind of reimbursement are we speaking of?
- Unrestricted funds
How can your school participate?
- Annually, staff will need to receive up to 1 hr of training
- On a quarterly basis staff will need to complete the MAA time survey, recording 5 working days