Welcome to Professional Development for 2010-2011!
Important – please see attached for 2010-2011 CPT timeline: CPT Timeline 2010-2011
- Organization ID # is 14906.
- Your USER ID # = Your PSL #. Your PSL # can be found on your pay check/stub on the top left corner under “Employee ID”.
- Your PIN # is the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- You can register for professional development offerings, track your hours and have your questions answered all on these web pages!
If there is NO Green circle labeled “Register” available for you to pre-register for a training that means the training is a closed session requested by respective school site or central office for their own staff ONLY.
- If you are new to the District’s Credentialed staff, please review these pages as they will explain the 27/33 hours of Common Planning Time (CPT) requirement. You can also access the online system (click on the following icon) Electronic registrar where you can review professional development offerings, register on-line, and track your hours.
- If you need help with the Electronic Registrar, we have a tutorial – click here for Electronic Registrar online Tutorial
- The Contract Language page highlights the Letter of Agreement between the District and SCTA regarding Professional Development requirements for all certificated staff.
- The majority of your questions can be answered by the Frequently Asked Questions section. If you still have questions, please contact the Professional Development Staff and we will be glad to answer your questions.
- If you are returning District Credentialed Staff, the process is similar to last year, except there are a few changes to the forms.
Important dates for 2010-2011 school year:
- Time to complete the required hours: July 1, 2010 – May 31, 2011
- There will be no make-up sessions provided
- Hours completed between June 1– June 30, 2011 cannot count towards Common Planning Time (CPT) and/or Professional Development hours
Important changes for 2010-2011 school year:
Commencing with 2010/2011 school year, there is an agreement between SCTA and the District that involves changes and changes involving professional development. Common Planning time by quarter/trimester should be set up by individual sites before or after the regular school day for their site.
Uses for CPT should be focused on
- Examination of student work
- Analyzing student/school data
- Developing formative assessments or professional development that is aligned to the school/strategic plan.
Agendas for CPT are the responsibility of the site administration in collaboration with the site staff
NO SCANTRONS are required for training. Please use formal sign-in/sign-out sheet as all participants are required to print their names, User ID #, sign-in at the beginning of each training and initial out at the end of training. Failure to sign-in and sign-out will result in loss of hours of CPT—No verification from anyone to attest to any participants’ full attendance is acceptable.
- There are most updated forms available to be downloaded on District website at www.scusd.edu, click on “Professional Development” link and then click on “Forms” link
- User ID # can be found on their pay check/stub on the left top corner under “Employee ID”.
There is no partial hours given for every session.
- Anyone arriving 5 minutes late is not allowed to attend.
- Cross out names of people who did not attend the entire session and write the time they left next to their name.
Complete ORIGINAL documentation (a report, all sign-in/sign-out sheets and agendas with time frame) are required to send in once per quarter/trimester to Professional Development Office (Box #776) within five calendar days after the last training of each quarter/trimester. No make-up documentation will be acceptable. Always include SRN on every page of documentation.
The report (spreadsheet) that requires Principal/Central Office Department Head’s approval signature must specify the total hours of CPT for each participant. Supporting information on the report such as school/site name, all participants’ name by alphabetical order of last name, User ID number, exact training title, SRN, each session date, start time, end time, length of time are required. There is a report format available to be downloadable on Professional Development website under Forms link for your reference/use.
Please note: Incomplete documentation will be returned to principal or central office department head.
Always keep copies of documentation for your records.