Navigators Mentor Program
Make an Impact - Become a Mentor!
The Navigators Mentor Program enhances resiliency and develops assets among our students by providing mentors who empower each child to thrive academically, socially and emotionally as they navigate the 6th through 8th grades.
Navigators Mentor Program is a school-based mentoring program for youth with multiple risk factors. The program includes several components:
- Mentoring — Mentors meet with students on their school campus in a structured, supervised program one day a week during lunch
- Community Service — During their weekly meetings, mentees and mentors develop & plan community projects and summer activities with the help of community groups and other members of Navigators. Projects are planned and completed each quarter
In addition to the weekly meeting with mentors, students are also supported through:
- Tutoring— Mentees are encouraged, and provided incentives, to participate in after school programs which include tutoring
- Parent Involvement—Parents are invited to participate through staff visits to the home, Family Nights & Parent University classes
The Navigators Mentor Program goes beyond building a relationship — we help you help kids navigate the transitions of life.
Did you know?
A recent study found that students who meet with a mentor regularly for at least a year, when compared to other children, are:
- 52% less likely than their peers to skip a day of school
- 37% less likely to skip a class
- 46% less likely than their peers to start using illegal drugs and 27% less likely to start drinking