To File Online Crime Reports
You may file Online Crime Reports with the Sacramento Police Department by going to their web site at sacpd.org.
Reports are generally mailed to you 3-4 business days after being submitted online. For a faster response, you can visit the police station located at 5770 Freeport Blvd. and file a report at the public counter. You may also go to the substation located at 5303 Franklin Blvd.
To report violent crimes or sex crimes, please call 916-264-5471. To report stolen vehicles or stolen license plates, please call 916-264-5471. To report traffic accidents involving an injury, please call 916-264-5471.
You can report crimes online if they fall under one of these categories:
- Burglary of a house, garage, business, or school
- Thefts from a vehicle
- Lost property
- Petty theft
- Grand theft
- Fraudulent use of lost or stolen credit cards, checks, etc.
You can not report the following types of crimes online:
- Any type of violent crime, including: personal assault, kidnapping, robbery, etc.
- Any type of sex crime, including: rape, sexual assault, etc.
- Any type of stolen vehicle, including: trucks, cars, trailers, motorcycles, etc.
- Any type of traffic accident, whether there was any injury or not.
- Any type of violation of custody
- Lost cell phones
Should you have any questions or need additional copies, please call Sergeant Vince Matranga at 916-643-7444 or 916-752-3620.