District GATE Advisory Council
The District GATE Advisory Council (DGAC) is composed of parents, teachers and administrators representing school sites throughout Sacramento City Unified School District.
- While meetings will be conducted according to an agenda, meetings are open to the public.
- Meetings are held from 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Meetings are immediately followed by a guest speaker presentation from 7:15 pm – 8:30 pm.
The 2008-2009 meeting dates are:
- Tuesday October 28th at Phoebe Hearst Elementary School
- 1410 60th Street, 95819
- Guest speaker: Teri Burns, Legislative Advocate for California Association for the Gifted
- Topic: Advocating for your Gifted Child
- Monday, January 26th at Rosemont High School
- 9594 Kiefer Blvd., 95827
- Guest speaker: James Webb Ph.D., recognized nationally as one of 25 psychologists who have most influenced gifted education.
- Topic: Guiding the Gifted Child.
- Wednesday , March 4th at Peter Burnett Elementary School
- 6032 36th Avenue, 95824
- Guest speakers: Michael Crosby, GATE Coordinator
- Translators provided
- Topic: Meeting the Needs of our Gifted English Learners
- Tuesday, May 12th at Isador Cohen Elementary School
- 9025 Salmon Falls Drive, 95826
- Guest speakers: GATE Students
- Topic: Student Perspectives
Call the GATE Office at 643-9057 for more information.