District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The purpose of the DELAC shall be to:
- Advise the Sacramento City Unified School District Superintendent and the governing Board regarding their district master plan on services for English learners.
- Conduct on-going review of the district master plan and recommend modifications to reflect needs and priorities.
- Have on-going responsibility to review programs implementation for English learners and monitor and ensure the effectiveness of the programs with district personnel.
- Take other actions as required by the Education Code.
- Develop and deliver annual reports to the Superintendent and Board on the status of programs for English learners and the functioning of ELAC and the DELAC.
- Elect one or more representative to the other district advisory committees, e.g., DAC-Title I, Latino, African American and Asian.
- Receive annual reports detailing the status of compliance with state and federal requirement
- David Quintero, Chair
- Benjamin Lopez, Co-Vice Chair
- Olivia Covarrulbias, Co-Vice Chair
- Laura, Taira, Secretary
- Leticia Magallan, Disrict Support Staff
Location(s): Serna Center (the community rooms)
Hours of Operation: 11-5-08, 12-10-08, 2-4-09, 3-11-09, and 5-13-09 (The meetings are held from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.) Childcare provided
Languages: The meeting is conducted in English. However, interpretation is available in the following languages: Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese and Hmong.)