Math 1 End-of-Course Exam
K-8, Middle and High Schools
This week, we will be delivering materials to your sites for administration of the Math 1 End-of-Course (EOC) Exam.
Following Math 1, students will take either Math 2 or Math 2 Plus (an advanced course that includes all of the Math 2 standards and approximately half of the Pre-Calculus standards). Placement decisions for Math 2 and Math 2 Plus will be made district-wide using scores from the Math 1 EOC Exam, along with semester grades in Math 1 and an optional recommendation form. (For more detail, please access the Mathematics Course Placement Guide on the district website, www.scusd.edu/math)
The optional Recommendation Form for placement into Math 2 Plus may be submitted by teachers, administrators, parents/legal guardians and students (self) by:
● Completing the form online: tinyurl.com/Math2PlusRec; or
● Completing a paper/pencil form available from the front office of all K-8, middle schools and high schools.
In the attached documents, you will find:
1) A memo outlining all the materials that will be delivered to your site this week for the Math 1 EOC Exam and general information regarding administration of the exam.
2) The PDF Recommendation Form (for those wanting to submit the form paper/pencil)
3) A parent letter that is translated into several languages. Math 1 teachers will be receiving copies of the parent letter in English only. Please provide translated copies of the parent letter as requested by teachers, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like printed copies sent to your school.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzie Craig (email@example.com).