K-8, Middle and High
Registration is now open for the fall offerings of the Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC) for middle and high school ELA teachers.
ERWC is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and emphasizes the in-depth study of expository, analytical, and argumentative reading and writing. These resources were designed to help students:
- Meet the Common Core State Standards for ELA/Literacy
- Develop academic literacy skills necessary for success in college and the world of work
- Demonstrate proficiency on the CSU English Placement Test
Flyers with details are attached for the following ERWC courses:
1) High School – free professional learning, 3.5 days
a. Series begins September 14.
2) High School Returning Teacher Session – September 21, 3 hours
a. This is a refresher course for those who have already been ERWC certified. It is optional.
b. Registration is $75.
3) Middle School (7th and 8th) – 3 days
a. Series beings September 16.
b. Because this professional learning is not funded through the Chancellor’s Office, registration is $275 for all three days.