ERWC Professional Learning Opportunity
K-8, Middle, High
Registration is now open for the winter and spring offerings of the Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC) for middle and high school ELA teachers.
ERWC is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and emphasizes the in-depth study of expository, analytical, and argumentative reading and writing. These resources were designed to help students:
• Meet the Common Core State Standards for ELA/Literacy
• Develop academic literacy skills necessary for success in college and the world of work
• Demonstrate proficiency on the CSU English Placement Test
The following ERWC courses are being offered:
1) High School – free professional learning, 3.5 days
a. Series beginning Jan 14!!!
b. Series beginning April 16.
2) High School Returning Teacher session – March 19, 3 hours
a. This is a refresher course for those who have already been ERWC certified. It is optional.
b. Registration is $75.
3) Middle School (7th and 8th) – 3 days
a. Series beginning January 26!!!
b. Because this professional learning is not funded through the Chancellor’s Office, registration is $275 for all three days.
For more information and to register go to: