End of Year/Summer Break Reminders
In an effort to reduce the amount of false alarm activations that we have experienced in the past and to insure a smooth return after the Summer Break, the Operations, Maintenance and Security Departments would like to suggest a few tips that will help make our schools secure and safe over the upcoming Summer Break.
- Please make sure that all flags, mobiles and balloons are removed or taken down to prevent accidental motion activation.
- Please make sure that your custodial staff properly close all doors, windows and draw all classroom curtains on the last day of instruction.
- Please make sure you remind your Plant Managers to adjust the time clocks or thermostats on classroom heaters in rooms such as portables.
- Please try to limit staff from returning over the Summer Break, but if they must, make sure that any staff that is planning to come in over the Summer Break know how to disarm and arm the security system to prevent activation.
- Please make sure that all false or accidental alarm activations are reported to Astro Security (916) 452-7882 and District Security (916) 715-2310.
- Please log off site surveillance system for proper security monitoring by District Security (916) 752-3034.
- Please remind all custodial staff to make sure all food is removed from the rooms.
Thank you to all and have a wonderful Summer Break.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Kent Jones, 916-752-9733.