ELAC Recommendation and School Site Council Adoption of 2018-19 Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
The complete process for ELACs to recommend and School Site Councils (SSC) to adopt a newly revised SPSA takes a couple of steps. Here are the steps to ensuring that the approval process is following Education Code and CDE requirements:
- School Site Council should be ready to adopt the newly revised SPSA as soon as they have looked at student data and participated in revision process.
- Make sure that the ELAC has been given a chance to make recommendations about the SPSA also.
- When the revision process is complete, add the adoption/approval of the new SPSA to the SSC meeting agenda.
- After presenting the completed SPSA, ask for a vote for approval. Record the vote in the SSC minutes for that meeting.
- Print the signature page from the SPSA PDF and have the SSC chairperson sign and date; principal signs and dates also. The ELAC chairperson also signs this page.
- Scan and upload the signed signature page as an attachment to the 2018-19 SPSA template in Document Tracking Services.
Directions to upload the Recommendations and Assurances pages:
- Click Add Attachment to upload an attachment for the respective document.
- Enter a File Name, click Browse, find the file on your computer, click Open and then click Upload File.
For questions, please contact Lisa Hayes at 643-9051 or Cathy Morrison at 643-9222.