Applications for LCAP Parent Advisory Committees Available
The district is forming two parent advisory committees to provide consultation and review on the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).
The LCAP Parent Advisory Committee (LCAP PAC) will be board-appointed. The deadline is September 30, 2015 to submit an application for this committee. The online application page is: http://www.scusd.edu/lcapadvisory2015.
The LCAP English Learner Parent Advisory Committee (EL PAC) will be a subcommittee of the District English Learner Advisory Committee, and will report back to the DELAC periodically. Because the first DELAC meeting is in November, the EL PAC application will be open until November 16.
Both committees will be provided training to ensure that they have the same level of understanding of the LCAP.
Please share this information with parents and community members at your site. Some suggestions to share the information:
- Post application on parent bulletin board, or place copies at your front counter.
- Mention in school newsletter, or at Back to School Night.
- Share with your Parent Resource Center and Family Resource Center.
- Provide information at parent group meetings (PTA, PTO, etc.)
- Invite members of your School Site Council (SSC) and English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) to apply.
Thank you for helping us ensure that our community is aware of these opportunities for parent engagement.