The African-American Leaders for Tomorrow Program (AALT)
The African-American Leaders for Tomorrow (AALT) Program is a four-day long residential summer program that is held on the campus of California State University Dominquez Hills (CSUDH) from July 6 – July 9. Sixty students are hand selected and receive leadership training and attend workshops on topics such as college experience, career development and financial literacy. Students live on campus at CSUDH. Housing, meals, program materials, as well as transportation during the conference will be provided at no cost to the participants; and for students living outside of Los Angeles county, transportation to the conference will also be provided.
- A student, who is currently a sophomore or junior with a 2.5 or higher GPA, and is in good academic standing as of January 1, 2016.
- Demonstration of leadership potential (i.e. involvement in student government, community leadership or similar activities).
- Current high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a school official and one from a community member who is not related to you.
- Essay (2 required).
- All agreements (please see website).
Please submit a copy of your completed application to our office by
Friday, May 13, 2016.
The address is:
600 North Rosemead Boulevard #117
Pasadena, CA 91107
Here is the link to the registration form: