Making Sacramento a healthier, vibrant place to live requires a comprehensive solution. We must prioritize youth and address the need for improving healthcare access, youth education programs, fitness and nutrition initiatives, creating new jobs, and providing more access to home buying loans and programs. WayUp Sacramento, an initiative by Councilmember Jay Schenirer, addresses these needs.
This comprehensive community-building blueprint centers on five targeted programs:
- WaySmart – Enhancing student success.
- WayFit – Making communities healthier, so families are healthier.
- WayFresh – Helping impoverished neighborhoods recover.
- WaytoWork – Creating job opportunities.
- WayHome – Education and access to nutrition and fitness resources.