To start the enrollment process, come to Capital City Child Development Center or Hiram Johnson Family Education Center.
Please bring the following documentation:
- Child’s Birth Certificate (certified or hospital)
- Child’s Immunization Record which must include: 3 Polio, 4 DPT, 3 Hepatitis B, 1 Varicella; plus 1 HIB and 1 MMR given on or after their first birthday
- Child’s TB Test (PPD) or Completed TB Risk Assessment (completed within the past 12 months)
- Child’s Physical Exam (completed within the past 12 months) or an appointment date *
- Child’s Dental Exam (completed within the past 12 months) or an appointment date
- Child’s Medical Insurance Card
- Proof of W.I.C. (if applicable)
- Current and consecutive 30 days of any/all income documentation such as check stubs, disability, SSI/TANF/CalWorks statements for all adults
- Employment Verification (Full-day and State preschool options)
- Address verification (current SMUD/PG&E/Water or lease/rental agreement)*
- Birth Certificate(s) for all siblings under 18-years-old living in the home
- Need Verification (Full-day only) i.e., work schedule, school/training schedule, Statement of Incapacity or self-certification for seeking employment
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child is receiving Special Education services
- Health condition documentation; including but not limited to asthma, food allergy, heart history, seizure disorder
- Guardianship/Foster Care/Custody documents (if applicable)
- If you would like to volunteer you must complete a volunteer packet and provide copies of a TB clearance (dated within 12 months) and Immunizations against Influenza, Pertussis and Measles
*Child’s Physical Exam is due within 30 days of enrollment or your child will be excluded until one is provided.
*If residing with another person (relative, etc.), please complete the Declaration of Residence form of the person identified on the utility bill and mortgage/rental lease.