Open Enrollment 2017-18
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is an opportunity for each student who resides permanently within the boundaries of Sacramento City Unified School District to apply for enrollment for schools within the district, when space is available.
Who is eligible to participate in the Open Enrollment Program?
Only those students who reside within the SCUSD attendance area are eligible to participate in the Open Enrollment process.
Is transportation provided by the school district to my Open Enrollment School?
No, transportation is not provided for Open Enrollment Students. Parents are responsible for transporting their Open Enrollment students.
What schools do not have an attendance area boundary assignment?
- Bowling Green Charter Chacon Academy, Grades K-6
- Bowling Green Charter McCoy Academy, Grades K-6
- Camellia Basic, Grades 1-6
- Phoebe Hearst Basic, Grades K-6
7-12 Middle/High Schools
- Arthur A. Benjamin Health Professions
- George Washington Carver School of Arts and Sciences
- The Met Sacramento
- West Campus
Which schools and programs have admissions criteria that must be met in order for students to take part in the Open Enrollment lottery?
For additional information on these requirements, please click on the link under their school name below or call the school directly.
Specialized High Schools
- Kit Carson (an International Baccalaureate school)
- West Campus
Comprehensive High School with Specialized Programs
- C.K. McClatchy High School
- John F. Kennedy High School
- Criminal Justice Academy
- Program in America and California Explorations (PACE)
- Manufacturing and Design (MaD)
- U.S. Marines Jr. ROTC (USMCJROTC)
- Luther Burbank High School
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Navy Jr. ROTC (NJROTC)
- Rosemont High School