CAASPP To-Do List and What is New
24 days until the testing window begins! Please, if you have any questions contact your specialist or CAASPPSupport@scusd.edu. We were requested from Caltac, due to a very high volume of calls to be the point of contact.
The Test Administrator’s User Guide in now available along with a new Frequently Asked Questions Guide. Please see the attached and on our website.
A NEW video of the Accessibility and Accommodations, Adding Student Test Settings to TIDE, and Administering Practice and Training Tests webcast is now available at http://www.californiatac.org/rsc/videos/archived-webcast_030614.html . The webcast, presented by the CDE and Educational Testing Service, provides key information related to the 2014 Smarter Balanced Field Test, including:
- An explanation of accessibility and accommodations available for the Field Test
- A demonstration of how local educational agencies can designate student test settings (i.e., designated supports and accommodations) in the Test Information Distribution Engine (TIDE)
- A demonstration of how to create a test session to administer the Practice and/or Training Tests through the Test Administrator Practice and Training website.
Also attached is a Resources and Practices Comparison Crosswalk. It provides information on all the Universal tools, designations and accommodations available with a description in a few pages.
By now you should have:
- Checked students in TIDE for accurate grade level, demographics and email CAASPPSupport@scusd.edu your list of changes that need to be made in Calpads. Also have your office manager make any changes that may be wrong in Zangle.
- Students in the country less than 1 year do not need to take the ELA portion.
- CAPA students will be listed as well in TIDE but do not have to test.
- Enter your testing administrators in TIDE: http://californiatac.org/.
- Make sure they have all received their passwords.
- Prepared your testing schedule and send a copy to CAASPPSupport@scusd.edu.
- Review list sent out Thursday, which Performance Task and test grade levels you will take and adjust testing schedule if necessary.
- Make an appointment with the Special Ed case managers at your school to get the guidelines for students. (They were trained on Monday, March 17.) The 504 coordinators have been informed that they also need to give you accommodation information for 504 students.
- Scheduled your training for TAs and Proctors. (Attached is a PowerPoint you can use.) Make sure to show them some of the videos available at: http://www.scusd.edu/pod/2014-caaspp-test-site-coordinator-responsibilities especially the TA Interface (15 minutes).
- Get signed Security Affidavits from all and scan and send to CAASPPSupport@scusd.edu.
- Students should be viewing the Universal Tools, How to Use your MacBook Air and/or High School Middle School Field Test Video.
- Students using Macs to become familiar with them.
- Check that all Macs have been set up with Wi-Fi access.
- Students and teachers should be using the practice test: http://sbac.portal.airast.org/ca/.
- Visited our website frequently for training resources for test site coordinators responsibilities and supports: http://www.scusd.edu/pod/2014-caaspp-test-site-coordinator-responsibilities