Youth Mental Health First Aid
Learn more about becoming a YMHFA provider, register NOW for August trainings!
SCUSD is proud to be partnering with SAMHSA and the Project AWARE initiative to bring Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) training to all interested staff, parents, and partners!
Training specifics are as follows:
- 8-hour course
- Learn risk factors & warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents
- Build an understanding of early intervention
- Teach individuals how to respond to an adolescent experiencing a mental health challenge
- YMHFA Certification at completion (must participate in all 8-hours of training to receive certificate as a Youth Mental Health First Aid provider)
- SCUSD Staff who complete the 8-hour training during non-contracted time will receive a stipend
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) uses role-playing and simulations to demonstrate how to assess a mental health crisis; select interventions and provide initial help with a 5-step process.
For information about YMFHA at SCUSD, including how you can become a trained lifeline for our students, please contact us at 916-643-9252. You may also earn more about Project Aware and Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) here.