Get involved as a Public Education Volunteer (PEV) for LCAP
Training Dates now available
On behalf of the Sacramento City Unified School District, please accept our thanks for your willingness to participate in our Community Planning Process as a Public Education Volunteer, helping to inform our community about important work in our schools and solicit broad input from your personal and professional networks. Your work will provide vital parent and community feedback that will inform the development of the new SCUSD Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP).
As you may know, last year Governor Brown announced the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF), a new formula for determining the level of state funding provided to districts across California. The Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) is LCFF’s vehicle for transparency and engagement. It is the way that school districts are expected to share performance data, needs, actions, and anticipated outcomes that guide the use of available LCFF funding. At its core, the LCAP is designed to ensure that everyone has a voice in determining how funds are utilized to support students. That is why your participation is so important.
To accommodate varying schedules, we are offering a number of dates and time for your Public Education Volunteer training. Please review the list below and select a time that works best for you. You will only need to attend one training session to prepare as a Public Education Volunteer.
PEV Training Dates
- February 5, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- February 5, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- February 5, 2014 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- February 5, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- February 6, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- February 6, 2014 from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- February 6, 2014 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- February 7, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- February 7, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- February 7, 2014 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Please call the Serna Parent Resource Center at (916) 643-7924 or email to reserve your training spot by February 3, 2014. Advise us of your translation and/or childcare needs and we will accommodate you.