The mission of the Elementary Department of Standards, Curriculum, and Instruction is to support and align the goals and objectives of the Sacramento Unified School District by providing services and support to school sites.
Areas of Support:
Our three areas of support are provided to school sites by delivery of standards aligned materials, curriculum support via coaches, workshops, focus school and program intervention school reviews, and instruction strategies.
Our department supports the implementation of the California State Content Standards for elementary students and rigorous graduation requirements for high school students.
- English Language Arts (ELA) – SRA/McGraw-Hill Open Court Reading 2002 (OCR); K-6
- Math – McMillan/McGraw-Hill
- History Social Science – McMillan/McGraw-Hill California Vistas; K-6
- Science – McMillian/McGraw Hill California Science K-6
- Harcourt Moving Into English; K-3
- Hampton Brown Avenues; 4th-6th
- National Geographic Language, Literacy & Vocabulary; 5th-6th
Our department coordinates the adoption of standards-aligned materials in the core subject areas for grades K – 6. We do our best to adopt materials to align with the California Instructional Resource calendar. The adoption of materials actively involves teachers, administrators on the adoption committees and parents and community members through public comment.