I Got Caught Attending School Campaign
Sacramento City Unified School District in collaboration with radio station 102.5 KSFM have come together to increase the attendance rate in our elementary schools by focusing on reducing the truancy rate and chronic absence.
The goal of the program is to target at-risk students who are or were on a SART/SARB attendance contract and are currently improving their school attendance. Foster Youth students and students with exemplary attendance will also be rewarded.
How does it work?
- Twice per month a SCUSD district representative (i.e., Superintendent, Associate Superintendent, Attendance Coordinator) along with 102.5 KSFM celebrity D.J., will visit two elementary school sites.
- The school principal will be notified one week in advance of the visit.
- The day of the scheduled visit the school will be contacted to verify that the students are in school that day.
- Once verified the team will surprise the student(s) in class awarding the student with an “I Got Caught Attending School” T-Shirt, Award Certificate signed by the Superintendent and School Principal, and photo that will be placed on the 102.5 KSFM internet page.
- Once per month Natomas Walmart will raffle off a prize that will be awarded to one of the families of the chosen students for that month.
- At the end of the year 102.5 KSFM will hold a lunch time D.J. rally for the elementary school with the highest attendance improvement for the year.