How to Change Schools From Outside the District to a School Within The District
Inter-district Permit

General information

If you would like to change schools from outside the district to a school within the Sacramento City Unified School District, you will need to request an inter-district permit transfer from your district of residence.  Permit transfers are approved based on space availability at the requested school.  A transcript and/or withdrawal grades as well as attendance and behavior reports are required when requesting an inter-district permit transfer into our district.