Our responsibilities include:
- Master Planning and forecasting district facilities needs
- Modernizing schools and building new schools
- General maintenance, major repairs and land/system improvements
- Special Project Requests for minor site improvements by students, families and volunteers
- Community Facilities Use coordination and approval
- Collection of Developer Fees or School Impact Fees
Formerly known as Parent Participation Requests, the Special Project Request is a way for parents and community organizations to enhance our school facilities for students and staff. Some of the popular types of projects are gardens and tree planting with the Sacramento Tree Foundation.
At Sacramento City Unified School District (SCUSD) we make sustainability a priority and strive to create a school district where sustainability can not only be seen but felt by all staff, students and community members who step foot on our campuses. We work together across our organization to develop programs and policies, share and explore ideas and celebrate our success in sustainability. At SCUSD we take a three pillar approach to sustainability: resource conservation, health and wellness and student learning.