PTA Sponsored Community Forum for Board of Education Vacancy
California Middle School Library
The purpose of the Community Forum is for candidates to have an opportunity to introduce themselves, share their vision and hear directly from Area 1 constituents about the pressing issues and challenges for our schools.
Although school board members will vote to appoint a person to fill this position, it is important for parents and other stakeholders to have an opportunity to gather information, form an opinion and provide feedback and input on prospective candidates before the school board votes on December 20, 2012.
Below is the proposed format for the Community Forum:
- Welcome and overview of forum’s ground rules by moderator, Laurie Hensley, PTA President, California Middle School. (6:30 p.m. to 6:35 p.m.)
- Opening statement by each candidate: 3 minutes per candidate. (6:35 p.m. till 6:56 p.m.)
- Question TBD to be asked of all candidates: 1 to 2 minutes per candidate. (6:57 p.m. to 7:11 p.m.)
- Questions from the audience: (7:12 p.m. to 7:50 p.m.) Audience will be asked to fill out questions on index cards at the beginning of the event. Questions will be sorted to ensure a balance between topics and different schools sites of Area 1. Moderator will ask questions from selected index cards. Some questions may be posed to specific candidates and/or the same question may be presented to all candidates.
- Closing Statement: 1 minute per candidate. (7:50 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
*Not a District or Board sponsored event or part of the Board’s appointment process.
1600 Vallejo Drive
Sacramento, CA 95818