Diabetes Lab eTraining Slide 3
- Meters do not only display numbers.
- Some display “Lo” or “Hi” for out of range readings.
- Some of them also display specific “error codes” that may indicate problems like an insufficient blood sample or that the temperature is out of range.You will need the meter manual to respond to these error codes.
- You can get information about a specific meter and test strips from several different sources.
- A copy of the manufacturer’s manual for the meter should be provided bythe parent/guardian and kept in the health office for troubleshooting.
- The user manual (and in some cases the meter itself) will include a toll free number
- Meter companies now have their manuals available for download on their websites.