Your input is needed!
Seven townhalls scheduled to begin listening, learning process to hire new superintendent
SCUSD’s Board of Education has scheduled seven townhalls to gather community input as it begins its search for a new superintendent.
One of the most important responsibilities of a school board is to hire a superintendent that will carry out the strategic plan, vision and mission of the district. As part of the hiring process, the school board wants to seek community input through townhall meetings and:
- Educate the community on the important role of the superintendent.
- Be transparent about the hiring process and timeline.
- Share community feedback gathered from the 2014 Superintendent search process.
- Listen to community members and gather their feedback on the desirable qualities of a Superintendent for SCUSD.
- Explain how community input will be used during the hiring process.
- Be inclusive and ensure that a broad and diverse group of stakeholders is reached and asked to participate in the process.
Please join board representatives and district staff at one or more of the following meetings to discuss the desired qualities of a superintendent for the district.
|Date & Time||Location|
|February 21, 2017
|C.K. McClatchy High School|
|February 27, 2017
|Hiram Johnson High School|
|March 1, 2017
|John F. Kennedy High School|
|March 7, 2017
|Rosemont High School|
|March 8, 2017
|Will C. Wood Middle School|
|March 9, 2017
|Luther Burbank High School|
|March 14, 2017
|American Legion High School|
Please also take 1-minute to fill out the district’s community survey.