Volunteer opportunity for teachers at upcoming MLK365 Diversity Expo
MLK365 is seeking teachers and counselors to volunteer for its “Ask a Teacher” question-and-answer program at this year’s Diversity Expo, which will follow the annual March for the Dream on January 18.
The activity is aimed at providing parents, guardians and interested others with educational insights from a teacher or counselor that will help their child be successful in school.
Anticipated subjects for discussion include:
- Common Core
- SEL (Social Emotional Learning)
- Strategies and best practices
- Is my child at grade level? (Parent Assessment)
- Things to do that compliment what their child is learning at school
- Expulsion, suspension and corrective issues
“We’re looking for teachers or counselors who see the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday as a day on and not a day off,” said Expo Director Char Starks.
The Diversity Expo will take place at the Sacramento Convention Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on January 18. Orientation and lunch will be provided.
If interested, call Starks at 916-601-5037 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.