Teachers: Learn about Waldorf methods at WEST
SCUSD is sponsoring a Waldorf Education Seminar for Teachers (WEST) this summer at Alice Birney Waldorf-Inspired K-8 School.
WEST is designed to support a cohort of teachers implementing Waldorf methods in SCUSD’s classrooms and Waldorf-inspired schools.
The WEST summer intensive is scheduled for August 13, 14, 15, 18 and 19 at Alice Birney.
The cohort is limited to 30 participants who commit to a full two-year cycle of trainings and monthly meetings.
During the school year, teachers meet monthly to continue their Waldorf studies and reflect on their Waldorf teaching practice.
WEST has five goals:
- To deepen teachers knowledge of Waldorf education and philosophy;
- To foster personal growth and practice Waldorf methods through artistic work;
- To create an opportunity for teachers to develop and practice Waldorf methods in SCUSD classrooms;
- To engage actively in hands on learning and Waldorf methods;
- To practice the Waldorf approach to community collegiality through the cohort model.
- Names and contact of two professional references (principal, department head, etc.)
- Letter of intention that answers the following questions: Why are you a teacher? What is your knowledge of and interest in Waldorf education? How do you intend to use the Waldorf methods and curriculum you learn in WEST?