Sutter Middle students take top honors at Sac Regional Science Fair
Sutter Middle School students took top honors at the Synopsis Sacramento Regional Science Fair at Rosemont High School on Saturday, March 22.
The Science Fair allows students to incorporate the Scientific Method and Engineering Design Process into hands-on projects.
The fair was sponsored by Intel, SMUD and the American Society of Civil Engineers, along with several other corporate sponsors. Students from SCUSD competed with students from all over the Sacramento region including San Joaquin, Solano, Sutter, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, Butte, Amador and Yuba counties.
The following Sutter Middle School students placed in the top five categories and are eligible to advance to the next stage of competition:
Math and Computer Science:
- Isamu Kawaguchi (Golf Ball Physics) — Second Place
- Jacob Hierling and Xavier Bauer-Martin (Bouncing and Rebound Physics) — Fifth Place
- Haley Tschudin (Ethylene & Food Science) — Fifth Place
Behavioral and Social Science:
- Natalie Wong and Sarah Huang (M & M Survival, Predator/Prey) — First Place
- Victoria Bornino (Cell Phone Spectrophotometer) — Third Place
Chemistry and Biology:
- Jacob Becker and Jack Filby (Desalination of Water) — Third Place
- Maggie Murrell and Steffany Wong (Cookie Chemistry) — Honorable Mention
Energy and Transportation:
- Juan Carlos (J.C.) Arguello and Lili Henriquez (Distracted Driver) — First Place