Should SCUSD move up the start of school? Forum tonight at West Campus
SCUSD is considering moving up the start of school to August next year to be in alignment with all other districts in the region and most districts in the state. The number of school days would remain the same: School would start earlier and end earlier.
SCUSD is now gathering feedback from the community on this issue. Seven community forums have been scheduled for dates throughout October. All meetings will begin at 6 p.m.:
- Thursday, October 8 at Kit Carson, 5301 N. St.
- Monday, October 12 at McClatchy, 3066 Freeport Blvd.
- Wednesday, October 14 at Rosemont, 9594 Kiefer Blvd.
- Tuesday, October 20 at Burbank, 3500 Florin Road
- Wednesday, October 21 at West Campus, 5022 58th St.
- Wednesday, October 28 at Hollywood Park, 4915 Harte Way
- Thursday, October 29 at Kennedy, 6715 Gloria Drive
The district has also launched an online survey.