SCUSD’s principals, leadership teams are ready for fall
Sacramento City Unified School District’s school principals and leadership teams spent a week this summer in an intensive series of professional development workshops to get ready for the 2015-16 school year.
Areas of focus included SCUSD’s ongoing transition to the academically rigorous Common Core State Standards, plans to implement Social Emotional Learning district-wide, equity initiatives and improved instruction for English language learners.
To kick off the week, Superintendent José L. Banda announced several school leadership appointments:
- Cory Jones, Principal, Earl Warren
- Amber Carter, Principal, Ethel I. Baker
- Betsy Inchausti, Interim Principal, Hubert Bancroft
- Belinda Bridgewater, Principal, Isador Cohen
- Oscar Garcia, Principal, Pacific
- Aprille Shafto, Principal, Tahoe
- Stephanie Shaughnessy, Principal, John Morse
- Enrique Flores, Principal, Sam Brannan
- Santiago Chapa, Principal, Kit Carson
- Eracleo Guevara, Interim Principal, Cesar Chavez
- Jim Hays, Interim Principal, School of Engineering and Sciences
- David Van Natten, Principal, John F. Kennedy
- Candas Colen, Interim Principal, Bowling Green Chacon
- Christie Wells-Artman, Principal, New Joseph Bonnheim Community Charter
- Kenneth Durham, Principal, Sacramento New Technology
- Soledad Gutierrez, Interim Principal, Elder Creek (while Principal Thule Doan extends her maternity leave)
- Jim Peterson, Interim Principal, Luther Burbank
The eConnection will profile the new leaders in upcoming issues.