Read Across America Day is tomorrow! How are you celebrating?
Fans of beloved author, Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, will celebrate his 113th birthday on Thursday, March 2, 2017. His iconic books and influence on readers far and wide is recognized each year by The National Education Association. The NEA established Dr. Seuss’ Birthday as an annual nationwide celebration of reading known as Read Across America. Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries and community centers participate by bringing together kids, teens and books.
As some of the most vocal and passionate advocates of engaging our students in reading, many SCUSD schools will host events and celebrations in honor of reading and Dr. Seuss.
Please share with us your pictures of how you and your students celebrated their love of reading on Dr. Seuss’ Birthday by tagging pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #SacCityreads.
As of the eConnection publication time, the following schools had announced their participation in Read Across America:
- Caleb Greenwood Elementary School
- Ethel Phillips Elementary School
- Golden Empire Elementary School
- James Marshall Elementary School
- John Still Elementary School
- Pacific Elementary School
- Theodore Judah Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School
- Genevieve Didion K-8 School
- Leonardo da Vinci K-8 School
- Rosa Parks K-8 School
- California Middle School
- Fern Bacon Middle School