Random Acts of Kindness Week: February 12-18
Random Acts of Kindness Week, #RAKWeek2017, is an opportunity to focus on what unites us, rather than what divides us. It’s a chance to be loud with our generosity and inspire others to do the same.
Join the seven-day celebration by doing an act of kindness and posting on social media using #RAKWeek2017.
Here are some RAK ideas:
- Post kind sticky notes on lockers, bathroom mirrors and hallways
- Start the day with a positive announcement
- Set up a gratitude bulletin board in the hallway
- Create a “caught being kind” bulletin board for people to recognize acts of kindness they see
- Have one classroom or grade do a random act of kindness for the other
- Create a third-party compliments box
- Raise money for a person or cause
- Set up a thank you note station in your school
- Surprise your fellow students with treats
- Practice giving compliments to strangers. A kind word can change someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it, say it!
- Organize a book drive for another school in need of more books
- Kindness Jar: Write down kind acts on slips of paper (example: sit by someone who is alone at lunch, pick up trash in the hallway, write a thank you note) and have students or staff take one!
For more information visit https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/rakweekpartners