Preschool registration is open now for 2017-18
Registration for preschool opened on April 24.
SCUSD’s Child Development Department will accept applications for children three to five years of age. Children must be three years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017. Options include:
- Head Start is a free program to income eligible families. Classes are in session 3.5 hours per day, Monday through Thursday.
- Head Start Home-Based is a free program to income eligible families. Families are visited once a week for 1.5 hours by a home visitor and attend twice monthly socializations at school sites or other fun locations.
- State Preschool is a free or reduced cost program based on family size and income. Classes are in session 3 hours per day, Monday through Friday.
- State/Head Start Wrap is a free or reduced cost program based on family size and income. This option is a combination of Head Start and State Preschool services. Classes are in session 6.5 hours, Monday through Thursday and 3 hours on Friday.
- State/Head Start Full-Day Preschool is a free or reduced cost program based on family size and income. This option is for families that are working, in school, incapacitated or seeking employment. Families may receive up to 8 or 10 hours of child care services based on the parent’s documented need.
SCUSD has 44 preschool locations throughout the district. Learn more at www.scusd.edu/preschool.