Learn how to become a Wellness Trainer
In partnership with California Project LEAN (Leaders Encouraging Activity and Nutrition), SCUSD is conducting a six-workshop series to train parent leaders, staff and community partners as Wellness Trainers.
Led by Katherine Hawksworth, Health Educator for California Project LEAN, training areas include:
• The new SCUSD School Wellness Policy and new California State Nutritional Standards
• Facilitating parent/school collaboration to improve student health
• Promoting healthy food and beverage choices at schools
• Understanding the scope and importance of P.E. and physical activity on campus
• Supporting youth well-being in communities
Upon program completion, Wellness Trainers will work with SCUSD schools and families to promote healthy habits in the lives of our students to promote their health, development and well-being. For further information contact the Serna Parent Resource Center at (916) 643-7924.