June 9 deadline for California Legislative Black Caucus Scholarship
High school students residing in the districts of Assemblymembers Kevin McCarty or Jim Cooper may be eligible for the California Legislative Black Caucus (CLBC) Scholarship Program.
The scholarship program was established to assist deserving students by offering financial assistance to help meet educational expenses. All applications must be RECEIVED by 5 p.m. on June 9.
- Scholarship candidates must be full-time freshman students in good academic standing at an accredited college or university.
- Graduating high school seniors with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning are also eligible.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to be considered for this scholarship.
- Accepted applicants must be graduating high school seniors with written proof of college acceptance, or a freshman college student with a 2.5+ GPA.
- Applications are considered complete only if all sections are answered and print is legible, two letters of recommendation AND a certified copy of the transcript is included.
To download an application, apply online or learn more, visit http://blackcaucus.legislature.ca.gov/clbc-scholarship-program