Immunizations: What your child needs and when
Staying current with shots or immunizations is important to your children’s good health and that of their classmates.
To attend school, your children must be current in all required shots and you must bring their records with you. Click the headings below to see required immunizations by age.
Immunizations Required for Students Ages 4-6 years
- Diphtheria,Tetanus and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP or DT) —5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Polio (OPV or IPV)—4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B—3 doses
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)—2 doses (Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)—1 dose
Parents must show their child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization. These immunization requirements also apply to students entering Early Kinder. Learn more at Shots for School.
Immunizations Required for Students Ages 7-17 Years
- Diphtheria,Tetanus and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, DT, Tdap or Td)—4 doses (3 doses OK if last dose was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Polio (OPV or IPV)—4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)—1 dose (2 doses required at 7th grade)
- Varicella (chickenpox) (Admission at ages 7-12 years need 1 dose; ages 13-17 years need 2 doses)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose at 7th grade or out-of-state transfer admission at 8th–12th grades (1 dose on or after the 7th birthday)
California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at eK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry. Parents must show their child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization. Learn more at Shots for School.
Free Student Immunization Clinics
SCUSD is offering free summer immunization clinics starting today through September 7 in Room 4 of the Enrollment Center, 5601 47th Avenue, Sacramento.
To be eligible for free immunizations, students must meet all of the following conditions:
- Are entering or currently attend Early Kindergarten – 12th grade at a SCUSD school
- Are under 19 years old
- Have Medi-Cal, no insurance, are Native American or Native Alaskan
Students with private insurance must see their primary care provider.
A parent or guardian must be present at the clinic. Please bring all immunization records for the student and the student’s Medi-Cal card (if applicable).
Here’s the full summer schedule:
|8/16/17||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM||12:30 PM|
|8/17/16||3:00 PM – 6:00 PM||5:30 PM|
|8/21/17||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM||12:30 PM|
|8/23/17||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM||12:30 PM|
|8/24/17||3:00 PM – 6:00 PM||5:30 PM|
|8/28/17||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM||12:30 PM|
|8/30/17||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM||12:30 PM|
|8/31/17||8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
|9/1/17||8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
|9/7/17||3:00 PM – 6:00 PM||5:30 PM|
|3:00 PM – 6:00 PM||5:30 PM|