Give your child a solid start — preschool enrollment begins on Monday
SCUSD’s Child Development Department will start accepting preschool applications for the 2017-18 school year.
Preschool serves children 3-5 years of age. To qualify, children must be turning 3 on or before September 1, 2017. SCUSD’s preschool program offers several options:
- Head Start is a free program to income eligible families. Classes are in session 3.5 hours per day, Monday through Thursday.
- Head Start Home-Based is a free program to income eligible families. Families are visited once a week for 1.5 hours by a home visitor and attend twice monthly socializations at school sites or other fun locations.
- State Preschool is a free or reduced cost program based on family size and income. Classes are in session 3 hours per day, Monday through Friday.
- State/Head Start Wrap is a free or reduced cost program based on family size and income. This option is a combination of Head Start and State Preschool services. Classes are in session 6.5 hours, Monday through Thursday and 3 hours on Friday.
- State/Head Start Full-Day Preschool is a free or reduced cost program based on family size and income. This option is for families that are working, in school, incapacitated or seeking employment. Families may receive up to 8 or 10 hours of child care services based on the parent’s documented need.
SCUSD has 44 preschool locations throughout the district. Learn more at www.scusd.edu/preschool.