Free wellness exams available; tips for the upcoming cold and flu season
Free wellness exams for low-income and Medi-Cal-eligible infants, children, teens and young adults are available through Sacramento County’s Child Health and Disability Prevention program.
Trained medical providers are available to help children stay healthy and answer health questions.
The CHDP program offers:
- Free physical exams
- Vision, dental and hearing screenings
- Immunizations (shots)
- Nutrition check-ups
- Health and tobacco education
- Lab testing
Back-to-school health exams, school entry exams, sports physicals, camp physicals and other check-ups are important to a successful school year.
Call (916) 875-7151 to see if your family is eligible. Remember, there is no cost for CHDP services.
Cold and flu season is coming. Here are some tips for staying healthy:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after changing diapers.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid kissing, hugging and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick.